Learn Math with Susan O. Johnsey
MATH IN A BOX
Also Known as Algebra Class Online and Geometry Class Online
Registration page for Algebra 1 second semester
Algebra 1 course second semester
Once you have received your order confirmation from SquareUp then email me and state clearly:
DO NOT send me your credit card # or other other financial info.
- Name of student
- email address
- name of this class
- order or transaction number from SquareUp
- Amount paid
You will receive a username and password by email within 2-24 hours.
Review important details below; you may want to print them.
Algebra 1B class
- This online course is equivalent to second semester of high school Algebra 1 or
last half of Introductory Algebra in college.
- This is a self-paced course.
- You MUST be able to Factor(3 types) polynomials and solve equations before entering this class.
- There are LESSONS in the required textbook and my own LESSONS and Chapter Tests are in our online classroom. These Lessons give the student detailed instructions on what to complete in the book as well as more examples, games and drills. The online tests and online assignments are graded and returned to the student by email.
- The student will be given 6 months to complete their course work. Most students require much less time so the 6 months is ample time to complete a 1 semester course. For example, if registration is completed on June 12 then the course work must be completed by December 12.
- A grade report is offered after all of the course work (assignments and tests) is completed satisfactorily. A final grade and a listing of all scores on tests and assignments is given as well.
- Refunds given only within first week and if no work submitted for grading.
Conduct of Students, Instructor and others using the Math in a Box workspace:
- Students are required to answer my emails, follow the order of the lessons (that is, not jump or skip lessons/assignments), be respectful, courteous, honest and truthful.
- The instructor will be sure that the student's emails are answered daily; if one is overlooked then a kind note to the instructor is appreciated.
- The student's submitted work will be graded daily and returned to the student by email.
What you need for the online class:
- An Internet connection
- Web browser. Internet Explorer, Mozillas FireFox, and Safari.
- Cookies must be enabled for PBWorks.com.
- Student must have a verified and working email address that can be easily checked.
Emails (of graded work or answered questions) should be saved or placed in folder so that the student can reference these later.
- A flash player (free from Adobe) installed is recommended for viewing videos.
Not all lessons have a video.
- A textbook is required for this course. The book is listed at www.mathinabox.com.
See my TEXTBOOKS web page. You must purchase the book with the given ISBN numbers.
- Notebook (paper) and pencils are also needed. A calculator will be needed only occasionally.
Loose paper is not a good idea especially for those that are not naturally organized!
Our children will see their future when we begin painting the picture
Susan O. Johnsey
~ and~ give them the skills to begin painting it too
Master of Science degree in Mathematics
My Math in a Box at Microsoft
|Math in a Box
Algebra Class Online
Geometry Class Online
2004, 2005, 2006,
2007, 2008, 2009, 2010
2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
PRIVACY AGREEMENT: I will not give your email address to anyone. I will not send you spam. I will answer your math questions within one day.
Sponsors on my web pages have their own privacy policies. If you choose to view their site you may desire to read their